What else? speed!

paddy_kaustubh

Hello there!

i am not trying to be cheeky with the subject line,but if it hurt, i am extremely sorry.

ok i use utorrent/bitorrent (hope the are the same),along with norton antivirus 2007,i created a rule to allow all TCP/UDP connections,on the port that the client shows, till it reads as follows:

allow, direction: Inbound Computer:ANy:Communication specific,protocol TCP/UDP

i have also allowed the same port in M$ Windows firewall and allowed ICMP (whatever that means)

but utorrent/bitorrent still shows me the red mark which means that it has a NAT problem.

i use a UT/Starcom DSL(make UT300r2U) router and also tried stupid things with the Router Interface.also tried the help on port forwarding but the router help for my model was not updated (the interface is different than mine)

Please help..

You may also mail me at

thetuxracer AT gmail DOT com

Could it be something that is blocking my upload speed(like a firewall, antivirus etc)? I have nod32 antivirus and it has something called Internet Monitor, but I don't think that is affecting my speed. About my uTorrent speed, the download is fine( an average of aprox. 2000kb/s), but my upload speed in very low( aprox 100kb/s) and i don't know why :| I've also done speed tests and still my upload won't work properly.

Pittbull,

If you're on ADSL 2+ or cable that's normal, you probably only have about 1 megabits/sec upload bandwidth.

I'm on ComCast Cable...

My upload maxes out at 43 KiloBYTES/sec. My download maxes out...somewhere above 700 KiloBYTES/sec. Don't really know where because I seldom see it go over 500 KiloBYTES/sec on torrents.

Yeah but I know some friends that have the same internet provider I have and they have better speeds than me......I even tryied to configure uTorrent like they did.....and it's the same thing. Could it be something from my computer or something in the firewall/uTorrent settings that i forgot to check? :-?

The same torrent swarm measured even 1 day apart can look rather different. A super-fast seed may have come and gone. :(

If your friends happen to have identical hardware as you, then you may have a software problem.

If they have identical software as you, then you may have a hardware problem.

...But there's lots of junk out there of both kinds that people use every day and not know it.

Archived