A question about torrent trackers, peers and possible a wished feature

duluxe

Hi , everyone !

I often download torrents from btmon where torrents usually have multi trackers. However some trackers are invalid... , unregisterd torrents , (offline) or only available at a certain time of the day , etc ....

Is it true that utorrent continuously tries to connect to such trackers will slow down the download/upload speed ?

Often i deletes the unsuccessfull trackers from the torrents, but it's really annoying :P ( since you have to look quickly at tracker status ) and it takes time too ( some trackers only available at a certain time) .

I really wish there is a feature that monitors and makes a status report ( about speed, amount of tranfered data for each tracker , etc ... ) to help me optimize the speed .

Thanks for reading , and if you feel this is more like a requested feature, pls move it to an appropriate 4rum :D

Is it true that utorrent continuously tries to connect to such trackers will slow down the download/upload speed ?

No, this will have no impact on your speed.

As to the rest of your topic. The BitTorrent protocol only relies on trackers to provide new peers/seed every once in a while. More (working) trackers does not improve speeds (in most cases). They could enlarge the swarm a bit (from your perspective) and this is only handy in case of unpopular torrents where low number of peers & seeds or the availability might become a bottleneck/problem. But in general more trackers does not mean more speeds and trying to connect to offline trackers has no negative impact.

Hello, I just changed my router to a belkin f5d7230-4 the system seems to work fine

except the little triangle does not change to green it states I have no incoming connections,I use iptorrents when I check it it tells me my connection is connectable do I have a problem??can anyone help

Archived