99% to 93% completed

keanublack

Hi there, its my first post. i tried looking thru the post but couldnt find a solution.i'm busy downloading 1 album of music out of a torrent consisting of 10 albums. fine, no problems with that. the problem come when the download reaches 99% and just when i think its suppose to be completed it jumps back to 93 or so %. why is it doing that?

Once you've connected to 10+ peers, check to see if they're all stuck at the same percentage. Also check the torrent's overall availability. If no peer has more than 90% and the availability is 0.900 ...then that means you're not connected to any seed and even everyone combined that you can see cannot complete the torrent.

There's also fake torrents with lots of fake seeds on them. These are specially designed to NOT complete. You'll typically not connect to any seeds, or if you do they go very slowly. Stop those and delete them. Don't waste your upload bandwidth on fakes. :)

Poisoned torrents typically have a lot of ips in a narrow range. Most claim to be peers, but sometimes one claims to be a seed. You'll often get 1 hashfail from them even when they only sent you a tiny amount of data. They are actually hostile ips...ban them using µTorrent's ipfilter.dat file!

Archived