Utorrent failed to load torrents after restarting itself

duytrung

I currently use:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System : Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (RC1),

v3244, (2600.xpsp.071030-1537).

Language : English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: INTEL

System Model : D945GNT

Processor : Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory : 4x512MB RAM

------------------

System Information

------------------

I download the version utorrent-1.8-alpha-7237.upx.exe. Exit the previous version. Rename utorrent-1.8-alpha-7237.upx.exe to utorrent.exe and replace the older version in C:\Program Files\utorrent. And start utorrent.

I stored torrents in C:\Downloads\utorrent\store

Finished torrents are in C:\Downloads\utorrent\finished

And now utorrent has generated a bug. It says: Can not open torrents in C:\Documents and....

(in fact, I stored torrents in "C:\Downloads\utorrent\store")

here is the link to screenshot:

bugrm2.th.jpg

I'm pretty sure that has to do with he following:

1.8 alpha thread

FYI the reason some can get user entered relative paths to work in this build and some can't is because while this build fixes most of the issues, I made the logical error of the storing the torrent relative to the torrent storage location; i.e. it should have been stored relative to the main storage/settings directory.

So, if you have ./torrents for downloading torrents and ./complete for the complete ones with this build torrents in ./complete won't be handled properly on the copy and possibly other cases because torrents will be treated as absolute and not relative as ./complete is not relative to ./torrents.

Of course, that is all fixed in the next build hopefully. Only bad news is that it breaks all existing relative torrents using the current build.

The general method I have used for the torrent storage is to keep uTorrent.exe and settings.dat in \utorrent, right? So Try replacing store torrents in to just "Store". AFAIK and have tested, you should disable "move finished torrents" as it is broken.

Restart uT, and the torrents should be working again.

Edit: the above requires you to move your torrents temporarily under your storage location... if you don't want to, wait for the next build ;)

By default, utorrent store settings.dat in %appdata%/utorrent.

The newer version sometimes install itself into C:\Program Files\utorrent. (It display a dialog... for the very first run).

0. I exit utorrent.

1. I go to %appdata%/ and copy settings.dat file into C:\Program Files\utorrent

2. I rename utorrent folder in %appdata% to something else.

3. I start utorrent again: now download list is EMPTY. Utorrent has generate newer configuration files in this C:\Program Files\utorrent. And disable the move finished torrent.

4. exit utorrent

5. Copy resume.dat into C:\Program Files\utorrent.

6. Run utorrent: Now the problem stays the "Same" :D

Help! version utorrent-1.8-alpha-7364.upx.exe still have this problem.

I've backed up all setting, shut down utorrent, replace the newer version of utorrent-1.8-alpha-7364.upx, start utorrent again and it said: "Error: can't open .torrent file:.....".

I exit utorrent, switched back to version utorrent-1.8-alpha-7237.upx, extracted all previous setting in back-up zipped (found that the size of files are slightly different) and start utorrent. and still see "Error: can't open .torrent file:.....".

Please help.....:D

Archived