Eeeeek!

peewee

Hiya

My download/upload is lazy! and only works when it wants to =/ . I made sure i've set it up proply but its still not working to good :(

Heres what i've done/checked

Have you forwarded ports: Check

Is your firewall is set up: Check

Are you useing the right upload/download speed: Check

Maby its just low avability? :At least 20+ connected seeds on the items

Have you tried to download slackware/openoffice and if so how did thay do?: I did about 20mins of Openoffice and it give me an avg of 10.4KBS DL and 0.4KBS UL

Are you a noob: Check

Whats your ISP?: BT Broardband

You say its lazy, what do you mean by that?: some days it works fast(for like 10-20mins) but then it gives me an avg of about 0-1kps DL/UL for like 2-5 hrs!!!(even with the same amount of seeds/peers)

Maby its you ISP screwing you over at certan hrs?: it's lazy 24 hrs a-day

You suck and im not going to help you lolzrofl: :( :( :(

Any thing else?: My internet dies when im running µTorrent - download ~1749 / upload ~381 KBS - WindowsXP - Comodo firewall - Avira

Thanks

BT Central ISP is definitely throttling brutally, especially during peak hours.

At best, maybe 1 am to 5 am you have a chance of higher speeds. :(

Even then, I'd be shocked if you get more than 10 KiloBYTES/sec upload and 50 KiloBYTES/sec download. ...so try xx/192k setting even for then.

Encryption is remotely likely to help, but if so, not by much. The whole connection probably gets throttled when ANY unencrypted BitTorrent packets are seen.

Disable many of uTorrent's extra features, such as UPnP, DHT, Resolve IPs, and Local Peer Discovery...these too may be cutting into what little usable download/upload speeds your ISP is giving. :(

Thanks!!

I un-checked DHT Network, DHT For New Torrents, Local Peer Discovery. but i can't find Resolve IP's.

Since i wrote that message its been working quite well and i've seen good DL / UL speed! maby i have gremlins inside my computer....

Anyway.. thanks for the reply :)

Archived