Turn upload down your download goes down?!

darkownagepeace

Hello I am using utorrent and bitorrent and I seem to have the same problem with both of them (probably implemented on purpose) but for example I normally put my upload on infinite so everyone can download my uncopyrighted content I have. but when I go to play a game (which sometimes I play all day) I would like to turn upload to minimum 1 but then all of my downloads also go to like .1 kb/s download when its normally 50 yet download is still on infinite also the little basterds made it so the upload limit automaticly changed it's self higher even if you tell it not to?! Ah well I just use a memory editor to lock it in as a constant. My question is is this some sort of anti-leach technology implemented in the torrent program or is it everyones default setting on there programs to not upload to non uploaders? If it is just the client then what torrent programs do not have this. I have no problem seeding but it's untrustworthy and decieving to make it so if your trying to do somehting and still want to download make it impossible!? I mean I want to play a game while I download my movie then put upload on watch it and leave it there for a while ya know?

of course by movies I mean noncopyrighted home movies.

Archived