Feeling Hopeless!

smfoxx

Hey there, I'm having huge problems with utorrent/internet connection.

I'm running Windows Vista, and if I run Utorrent (I've got 1.7.6) then the first problem I arrive at is that the torrents won't download (yellow triangle, ETA infinity, 0.0%, etc). So I thought it was a portforwarding or firewall issue (I run Windows Firewall, and I have McAfee Antivirus, but I don't think that McAfee is running a firewall). I set Windows Firewall to allow utorrent, so no problem. That didn't help at all, then I noticed an even bigger problem. Not only will the torrents not download, but my computer WILL NOT connect to the internet when utorrent is running. After I noticed this, I went and followed the portforward.com guides according to my router. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution, and I cannot find anything.

A couple of notable pieces of information:

I am in China, but that has not prevented downloading in the past, or on other computers here in China.

I am always running Vidalia/Tor/Privoxy

My router is a Linksys WRT54G

I did notice that my router and McAfee have conflict issues documented in your FAQ, but they didn't seem to apply here, so the only idea I can think of is that it's Tor/Privoxy/Vidalia. But those also have never prevented downloading for me in the past.

In the meantime, I have returned everything to the settings pre-portforwarding and uninstalled utorrent to start fresh upon hearing some advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: Also, utorrent frequently crashes when it is running at the same time as internet explorer, or for some other reason. It usually comes when I try to use the built in Speed Guide.

if the other computers are working

maybe you can simply copy the utorrent data settings files from the other PC, and use it here

and if that still doesn't work, then it'll probably be a local computer thing, which probably might point out to be something with the firewall in this specific computer, or the antivirus software, or something else

Archived