Tiscali slow down

amundsen

Hi there,

I guess there has been some major change in Tiscali UK lately. Since last week I'm almost unable to download a thing at a decent speed - more than 10kB/s with a broadband 2,2Mbps

I'm using just a "modem", Thomson, S/N CP0709ATVKS; DSLBB607SL eaa2.

It's also impossible to establish any open port.

Please, any idea what should be modified?

Thanks!

I Thought it was something i'd changed inadvertantly. Upgraded to 8mb Broadband within the last few days and for 1 night i got a speed of 500kb/s. Never seen better than 60kb/s on the old 2mb. Wow!! awesome.

Now i can't even get a connection even though all the other tinterweb sites work fine. What is going on???

ps forgot to mention, i'm with Tiscali. Maybe they've taken on too many new customers with the awesome introductory offer of free gear +unlimited 8mb BB for £6.99 / month!!

Must be something in the "air"! I usualy was able to download with a speed of over 100, or at least 40. Now it's like 0 or the most 10.

Please, help, there must be a way to walk it through.

Just to give clear results - I have just run a speed test on testmy.net

Download :: 1587 Kbps or 1.59 Mbps (194 kB/s)

Upload :: 220 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps (27 kB/s)

I have just been migrated from pipex to this bunch of jokers, I can't get any torrents to work. They are not transfering any data at all, and I have tried different ports, encryption and can't get it working :(

Is there any way to get utorrent working with tiscali?

Seems Tiscali's networking equipment is getting better and better at blocking BitTorrent traffic.

You may need to remind them that BitTorrent is part of the internet...that they CLAIM to be providing. :P

You'll probably still need to change ISPs if you really want to use BitTorrent though. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived