My computer internet is stuck when using uTorrent

Messer262

I really hate to seem like I am beating a dead horse here, but i am having similar problems. While running utorrent I get a message that my local area connection is unplugged and my internet connection flickers (AIM disconnects, internet connection stops, etc), and even after i close utorrent it continues (im guess in the router's ram is still full). I have a Linksis router and a 10MB cable connection.

Global Connections 200

Maximum peers / torrent 125

DHT network disabled

DHT for new torrent disabled

Ask traker for scrape info enabled

peer excange enabled

Encryption enabled

net.max_halfopen: 4 (it looks like *4, but i guess thats fine)

I really wouldn't worry about it as much if my wife didn't seem to be bothered by it so much when she is online with her computer. Also for having such a decent connection I am only getting like between 100-250kb total download speed between all torrents. But that is minor, i have the patience. Just some detailed idea of how i could get this fixed so my wife doesn't do something silly and stop me from using utorrent.

Pheonix6579,

You probably need to use a (much?) slower speed setting in Speed Guide (CTRL+G).

Your 10 mbit connection is probably only 1/2 mbit UPLOAD connection...which is what Speed Guide asks for. If you actually tried to use xx/10mbit or even xx/2mbit, then it'd probably hose your connection fast!

"net.max_halfopen: 4 (it looks like *4, but i guess thats fine)"

The * in front of the 4 means...this value is changed from the default (of 8) to 4.

Archived