searchhed/Read EVERYTHING!!!! (Network ok but still sow speeds!!!!)

phatzilla

Alright i spent all day screwing around with my router (di-524) and finally i just stuck my internal ip in the DMZ.(Which i beielive kinda disables the firewall for that ip?) anyways; on the botton status bar, i get network ok message but i still get CRAPPY speeds!. For example; im downloading AO and theres a total of like 150 seeds and 150 peers, but it never connects to more than 11-12 seeds and like 5-8 peers.

Left it on earlier for 3 hours while i was at school, came back, moved like 1% up with a speed of 1.1 kb. ALL other bit torrent clients give me the same problem (ABC, for example showed everything was going a-ok, but the ammount of connections i had to peers/seeds was crap, so was my speed) UPnP is on; if that matters, and windows xp sp2 firewall is disabled. i have no other software firewalls installed.

Did you cap your upload speed? try turning off DHT, if it helps it means that your router (D-LInk routers SUCK ASS) can't handle UDP packets. If not, just try connecting directly to the modem.

Also, it sounds like your ISP might be screwing with you, especially since you have the problem with other torrent clients.

Interesting Take, I'll turn off the DHT crap; the Upload speed is capped at like 40 KB (Upload is 384 kbit). The thing is; it doesn't upload worth shit either. Also i HAVE experienced MASSIVE spikes in download speed (went up to 100+ KB for about....25 seconds? then plummeted down again.)

By the way; when i tried some port checker thingy (the one that asks for ur Torrent hash). it refered to "Your ip adress" as my EXTERNAL IP, so does that mean anything??

did you update the firmware on your DI-524? I just got the same router (hardware revision C1) running firmware 3.20.

i just bumped up to 9MBps down/1MBps up and i'm getting over 1.1mb/s downs on some torrents with these settings:

utorrent_settings.gif

(on a side note, what can I tweak for faster transfers? :) )

Archived