Specify PartFile Directory

bugmenot

There have been similar topics about partFiles, but I believe this is a new suggestion.

I understand and like how the partfile system works, my only problem is I like to leave torrents seeding and am picky about my files and folders. I would like to specify a global folder for all torrent partfiles. It could be the utorrent directory, or on some other drive. It could be an option that would override the current default behavior.

I realize this effects a minimal amount of users, but it shouldn't be too hard to implement. Currently what I do is download the files I want, stop the torrent, delete the PartFile, and have to re-check the torrents as data was deleted. I am stubborn in having clean directories and so if I have to seed 99% of the file I downloaded that's what I'll do.

But rechecking GBs of a file gets annoying.

• 6 months later...

Why not? It's rather annoying to have either these partFiles or their contents--likely text files unnecessary to the use or appreciation of the payload--cluttering the download directories while at the same time trying to be a good citizen by seeding torrents after downloading. Flagging them as hidden / system is not an option for power users. As the "extra content" is usually small enough to comprise only part of a Piece, I assume they are all contained in the partFiles so that users interested in viewing them may download them from my seed. Would you please store them in another directory so I don't have to see them?

Archived