Port Forwarding Help

insan3

Hi, I have always had a problem with port forwarding and P2P's such as bitcomet and Utorrent.

My router is a D-Link EBR-2310

Im running windows vista

I set up a static IP address which is 192.168.0.137, when I go to ipconfig thats what comes up for my ip address. default gateway is 192.168.0.1.

So I go to uTorrent, and the listening port is 52249, then I go to my dlink router page and put all that imformation in, and it still says that there are no incoming connections. i also made sure i turned off uPnP port mapping. so...im not sure what im doing wrong, thanks

Wow, thanks for quick reply. I dont have a firewall running, just windows, and I disabled it long ago. my modem is a speedstream 5200.

oh, and my static ip WAS inside that range, but I fixed that and the problem is still prevalent

The SpeedStream also acts as a router... Basically meaning that you're double-NATed. Check the µTorrent user manual's advanced port forwarding guide, which describes double-NAT in extreme detail (and how one might go about fixing it).

thanks again. I think were getting somewhere. I read that user manual, and it said I can either disable my modem's routing capabilities or "chain" port forward, and it said disabling the routing would be easier. I opened up my modem's page, and it doesnt have anything about routing, it has a section called NAT/NAPT, but when I choose NAT and NAPT disabled, my internet doesnt work. the other options are NAT only enabled private (LAN) IP address, NAPT only, and both enabled.

Archived