Reinstalled Windows. Have completed data. Want to resume.

trethacker

First, apologies if this is a covered subject. I attempted a few searches using different key words to try and find a previously posted thread about this and had no such luck. If a thread exists already, please point me in that direction and remove this post. Thank you.

I recently had to format and reinstall windows. I had a torrent running that was low seeded and I could not wait the days it said it would take to finish before reinstalling my OS.

I backed up the entire folder that the torrent was saving into, installed Windows and uTorrrent, and then placed the backed up data back in it's original folder.

The problem is I can't get uTorrent to resume from that data and I can not seem to find the torrent any longer either (which is probably why it was seeded so low to begin with.. but it was downloading, nonetheless).

The folder I backed up and restored has a "~uTorrrentPartFile_{Key}.dat" file and all of the files it had downloaded, complete and parted.

Is there a way to locally resume this file in uTorrent without the need to search to reacquire the original torrent hash file I used to start the process to begin with?

Thank you for any help in this matter.

T

All your settings and jobs are stored in "%appdata%\utorrent", if you didn't back that up though, you'll have to find the original torrent. If it's public, you can try searching for the infohash in Google or mininovas infohash search.

Short answer, no. Another thing you can try is searching a file name in quotes and use the filetype option of Google to show only .torrents containing that file, I've been moderately successful with that. Use this in Google.

"name.ext" filetype:torrent

Archived