Override seed settings do not seem to work(146kb jpg)

Iceman_B

Using v1.3 build 364

The seeding preferences have been set to:

Seed while ratio <= 101%, time is ignored.

The limit upload rate on completion has been disabled, since I sometimes seed to distribute files and I'd like to pump in bytes for as long as possible(think ratios between 3:1 and 6:1)

This is what I did:

Loaded a torrent, I overrided the seeding options(even though perhaps it wasn't neccesary), the file completed downloading.

Now, am I right to assume that the torrent should have stopped at a seeding ratio of 1.010?

utorrent_seed_prob.jpg

Can anyone help me explain why the torrent is still seeding?

Actually I didn't, I assumed that once the limit set in the override(102%) would have been reached, that the torrent would stop.

The option clearly says "Seed WHILE", hence my assumtion.

If I understand you correctly, I should set the default behaviour in the prefs(upload rate of 0 at x ratio) and then override them in case I want to specify other behaviour for a torrent?

This is what I'm trying to get uTorrent to do:

Every new torrent I add that needs downloading: seed at 12 KB/s until ratio is 101% <-- default behaviour

Every torrent that I SEED: seed at specific rate, 60KB/s in most cases and keep seeding until I manually stop it. <-- manually overriden

Is there any way to achieve this?

If this could be achived by overriding, I think I'd need a ratio setting "Ignore" and seeding time "Ignore".

The first one doesnt exist to my knowledge.

How do I solve this? Should I just enter a seed ratio of 999% ? Perhaps an "indefinite" option should be added?

(does anyone still follow this :P)

Thanks!

Archived