Utorrent stopped

toothache

New to this...Just got into Utorrent recently and everything was going okay for a couple of days,it was great..then it just stopped downloading totally. Here's the deal...

I open the torrent (doesn't matter which one i try,high/low seeds it's all the same) and the seeds and peers both read (0) 0, regardless,it says downloading and peer moves to 1 then back to 0 and then nothing,it never downloads. The general bar is red all the way up. I followed the guide with port forwarding ( tho it was fine before without it) and checked my speed which is good,but still nothing download wise. I haven't altered or messed with anything so don't get why it has just stopped. I have even re-installed the program in the hope i could get back to how it was but...nope! Any help,in a non baffling technical form would be great. Was enjoying Ut,now i'm just confused and annoyed.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Rich

Tried one of the torrents in the link and it worked! The Status was the yellow triangle but dl was fast. Went and did a bigger file 700mb and it began downloading too...strange!

What was the problem then? Someone said it may have been isp throttle-ing the dl,i don't know but it seems to be okay now.

Thanks very much. Prompt reply and excellent help.

Cheers buddy.

Warning (yellow triangle) indicates you're not getting incomming connections, that should be fixed or you wont be able to connect properly to some people. As to what was wrong wrong, it could be a bad tracker, or bad firewall software that you recently changed.

Anyway, you're not port forwarded correctly it seems. Did you set a static address on your computer? Did you forward to that address on your computer, and to µT's listening port? If so, what's your network topology and what Internet security software do you have?

Edit your current thread to include more information, like, is it the torrent status arrow that's red? Or the network status icon? And if it's the net status icon, note what Internet security software you're using. The thread will come up new again if you do and I'll probably look at it again. If I don't get to it, someone will.

Archived