Forwarding Ports - at every start of the Computer

rolojest

I'm new in using Utorrent - I'm using it for a week. For the last 2 days I'm noticing that every time I turn on the Utorrent there is a NAT error. And at FL I'm registered as not conectable. When I forward different ports it's OK. How can I stop this.

Thanks for your answers.

Rolojest

My internet provider isn't offering static IP to everyone and it seems I'm one of them. So I can't get myself a static IP. And I belive that all my other settings are all right except I need to change the opened ports for Utorrent everytime I turn on the computer.

I belive that if my ports are set properly for Azureus, BitLord and E-mule could be for Utorrent too, or what? Till now no one asked me to get static IP.

Thanx

Rolojest

A static LOCAL IP. :P

If you need to forward ports, you have a private IP (192.x, 176.x and so on). You can make sure that the private IP stays static, to prevent your forwards getting screwed up.

http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

You'll want to pick an IP that won't get assigned to any other, preferrably something outside the DHCP range. :P

Thanks for your quick answers but I think that happened even if my IP stayed the same as yesterday. Once happened because the other computer took the number ending 192.....100. But today the other one wasn't even logged on so I was alone and the settings were correct and I still had to change ports. I disabeled Upnp maybe that would work and yes dudes I'll try what you suggested.

Thanx again Rolojest

Archived