Please help, yellow flag

darklord91

Hi, I'm pretty new to torrents and I would appreciate it if somone helped me out.

At the bottom of my utorrent window I have a little yellow symbol that says No incoming connections. I'm asuming this is causing my slow download speeds.

The thing is, I'm not sure what port to enter under connections, no matter what I enter I fail the speed test. I've tried the portforwarding guides on portforward.com, but they did not work.

Here's some of my network details:

ISP - pathway communications

Router - Linksys BEFSR41 ver.4.1

I don't have a static IP set up right now because when I tried one it didn't make a difference.

Again, I would really appreciate some help in getting a good utorrent connection.

Hi,

I had the same problem. I always got a dynamic IP and followed the instructions of portforward.com but it dind't help. Then I found on the hompage of my internet provider instructions for portforwarding and configurating the IP. After I had a static IP I always have that green symbol.

Hope I could help you a little

mountout

Your router needs to be port-forwarded (or running UPnP to automatically port-forward).

ANY software firewalls needs to allow uTorrent access to the internet AND allow incoming packets from the internet access to uTorrent on uTorrent's listening port.

Your modem may also contain a mini-router or firewall that needs to be configured or disabled.

Your ISP may block incoming ports for almost everything but email and web browsers (port 80). If that's the case and they won't remove the block you are PERMANENTLY FIREWALLED in uTorrent. You'll need a real ISP to fix that. :P

Archived