The usual slow download speed problem =/

Spenk

# EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above - Everything =/

# Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window) green

# What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes: OK! Port 41456 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

# What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent):

Upload Limit - 320 kb/s

Upload Slots - 25

Connections - 200

Connections (global) - 200

Max active Torrents - 15

Max active downloads - 15

# What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent) - 6

# Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?) Windows XP

# Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware) - None

# Exact router model(s), and exact modem model - BT Voyager 2500V

# ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used - British Telecommunications

# Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

- Using the closest host to me on speedtest.net i get a maximum download of 6300 kb/s and upload of 380 kb/s

# EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above - Everything =/
Upload Limit - 320 kb/s

Upload Slots - 25

Connections - 200

Connections (global) - 200

Max active Torrents - 15

Max active downloads - 15

Contradiction. I very much doubt that you read everything carefully. After you read and follow the Speed Guide's instructions, do try the test torrents listed in the sticky as well, and report back to us how they run.

Ok a little bit of good news, i think this may just be down to the router itself, i got one of the test torrents to download at 430 kb/s, and the current file i want to download is going a bit higher than before. I think the availablity of the file has something to do with it

Archived