Need help once again with port forwarding....

Richter_746

I don't know what went wrong....I just had Utorrent showing a green connection after fixing yesterday and now today it changed to the yellow traingle/red circle. I didn't a single thing after logging off....I have the same settings as I did yesterday....What am I doing wrong this time? I created a static IP address but my router shows something completely different on it's status page.

IP address: 192.168.1.200

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS: 192.168.15.1

My router's status page shows this:

IP Address: 192.168.15.2

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.15.1

DNS : 192.168.15.1

I'm pretty sure that yesterday, both pages showed the same exact information...

Port tester says

"Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 32155 on 70.111.23.80...

Error! Port 32155 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port..."

Speed Guide: Upload 64kB/s Upload Slots 4

Connections 90 Connections Global 150

net.max_halfopen set to 8

Running on a Windows Vista with Windows FireWall and McAfee antivirus.

Download Speed: 2384 kb/s Upload Speed: ~649 kb/s

I have a Linksys WRT54 G (on the bottom it says version 5) with a Vonage Device Motorola VT2442, and Verizon DSL Westel 6100 Modem.

I've tried everything else on that page just in case.

I can't seem to find the logs that your mentioning. By going to 192.168.15.1 that brings me to Vonage. I've been to the port forwarding section there and I've made a rule for it last night. It worked perfectly last night but I don't know what happened afterwards....

Can you explain the different terminology? I'm getting so confused with seeing so many different terms here....Starting IP address, Destination IP Address, WAN, LAN....

Change the Linksys to bridge mode before doing the forwarding, the setting is on the Setup page and is called Connection Type. After that, look at your Vonage and see if your computer comes up for forwarding instead of the router.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Vonage as well with a Vonage V-Portal. I tried forwarding ports and it didn't work. Solution was to plug my Vonage and my computer into the IP's router. The issue is two routers that are both firewalled. Tech support didn't want to mess with the port forwarding. As long as Vonage can get to the internet, your phone will work.

Archived