Solve some problems but still too slow.

beeceebee

Yesterday I posted some problems but in reviewing I found that most were casued by router firewall settings and avast p2p shiled. Now I have an open port and a green light. I have set my upload speed pretty close and on the low side of what is reported in the speed test. The best I can get on average is about 35 kbs with an occaisional burst. we do not have the best broadband here and my usual dl speed is about 1700 and upload at about 200.

Any suggestions? Thanks

You seem to be confusing kilobits/second bandwidth rates for KiloBYTES/second file transfer speeds.

When you say your "usual dl speed is about 1700 and upload at about 200"...presumably those are in kilobits/second. Converting them to KiloBYTES/second...is about 200 KiloBYTES/second down and 25 KiloBYTES/second up.

You probably need to use xx/192k in Speed Guide (CTRL+G) in uTorrent...or you can try my 2nd link for my more conservative settings.

Thanks, Confusion is not foreign to me. You are of course right but my settings are as you suggested. Actually, my speed has improved considerably on a second attempt at a different torrent so maybe I dont have a real problem after all. But thanks for being the only one to answer after 2 postings.

Archived