Speed goes up, speed goes down... rili now

Intoccabile

Well, as I was able to see I'm not the first one to report this kind of problem: my speed whooshes up and then goes down along with all other internet related things (browser goes down also). After about 10-20 secs it goes up again but only to fall after another 10-20 secs.

Checked with glasnost, no problems. I can get speeds up to ~200KB with BitComet... and they don't go up and down! Needed utorrent for a torrent => speeds of up to 210KB/s but they go up and down. It's really annoying! And I mean REALLY!!! I can't wait for it to go up and down all day long. I need it to use the speed accordingly!

Max half open is set to 8 by default. The only things I moddified were the connections/torrent = 120; global connections 240; i only use about 2 torrents at a time. Zone Alarm as firewall and Nod32 as AV. Port forwards properly.

Hope you can help with this really annoying problem.

P.S. Why don't you have a delete button? I wanted to move the topic myself but with no delete....

Zone Alarm is known to cause problems...randomly, from minor to bluescreen crashing and even resetting computers running uTorrent.

NOD 32 AV has some issues too, though I think settings changes in it can avoid them. :(

High max connections probably just makes speed bursts worse. So too does really low connections...less than 10 low.

Have you limited your upload speed to no more than 80% your connection max?

And is uTorrent able to sustain the upload speed max you selected in uTorrent?

Archived