Start seeding after create new torrent

shadow_cruiser

In version 1.3 Build 364, once I create a torrent and click both start seeding and private tracker, the torrent in µtorrent shows up as being non-connectable. Once I upload the torrent to the tracker, I will have to download it than manually add it into µtorrent. It then goes through the checking process of course and starts seeding fine which shows up on the tracker page once there's a seed. The created torrent file is 31.6 KB but the one downloaded from the tracker is 29.9 KB, don't know if this means anything.

If the private tracker makes you re-download it, it means that the tracker changes the tracker URL to add your PID in it. Like, hxtp://sometracker.com/announce.php?pid=asdklj23897adiljqejklawh

If you want to not re-download it, what you have to do is edit the tracker URL to match what it's supposed to be when you re-download it. In any case, it's not a bug.

Ah ok, I got it. Is the passkey usually the same for the tracker?. Like lets say I upload two torrents to the same tracker, would the passkey be the same for both?. So I guess this means I have to save the passkey in a notepad file each time I want to upload, anyways, thanks a lot for the info.

P.S. - Upon comparing two torrents uploaded by me at the same tracker, the passkey's are the same:). I guess each user has their own.

P.P.S. - I thought this was a bug because other clients I used started seeding right away even though the tracker url changes, I guess maybe this should be in feature requests then

Use edit please, don't double post.

Archived