Yes.. Another "Yellow triangle" problem.

Eli

So.. I just got this new computer and 100 feet of ethernet cable so I can hook it up directly to the router. So I got on here and forwarded a port, went into uTorrent and typed it in, and it didn't go to the green check - it turned to the yellow triangle. I tried over and over with the port forwarding (With different ports, of course), but it still kept telling me the port wasn't open.

So I tried disabling the firewalls, along with adding uTorrent to the exceptions list, but to no avail. One of the ports was one I have used on my other computer (That computer was off at this attempt) but it again told me it wasn't open - but I have been using that port for weeks and it worked perfectly.

I have a NETGEAR WGT624 V3 router. And I am using "Link Depot" ethernet cable, in case that matters.

Are you certain the LAN ip you're forwarding port/s on your router to is actually your computer's LAN ip...AND that LAN ip is outside the router's DHCP ip range (random ip range)?

1st link in my signature...you may have "hidden" firewalls in your modem or other internet-using software on your computer that need to be configured or removed.

Archived