Cardserver And Mtorrent

blesk2hot

Hello.does anyone can help me with this?

i get keys for satellite programs from a cardserver i have in my other house but when i run mtorrent the pictures freezes.

i understand the problem is in mtorrent and it's preferences but any help will be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

well thank you switeck for the immediate answer.i've tried the recomended settings for the 2mbit line i have it goes a little better:it freezes for 1 min every 5 min and not freeze 5 min and 1 min watching ok as it was before.

well i'm not running the server just have 2 dreambox with ccam 2.09 emu running.

any suggestions more?

So, turns out upload wasn't 1/4 as fast as your download...it was 1/8th. :(

Hardly anyone is anything other than disappointed when they find out just how bad "barely broadband" is...and it's not nearly as fast as they thought it was.

Your 256 kilobits/second upload speed is probably only the theoretical max. The formula for converting bits to bytes is always said to be 8 bits equals 1 byte. But sadly it doesn't work that way converting bandwidth to download/upload speeds! It takes roughly 8.5 to about 12 bits of bandwidth to transfer 1 byte of a file, depending on how bad the method used is. A data packet sent over the internet has to have its own routing information: source+port and destination+port ip addresses, packet size, payload (the data) and ending bits/byte. It's "deadweight", but it's necessary and required deadweight. The larger the packet, the more data it can carry per deadweight overhead. Biggest packet normally used is 1500 BYTES, of which about 1400 BYTES can be data. There's lots more to it than that, but that's about all I know about the details...

But it means your usable upload speed in uTorrent probably tops out around 25-29 KiloBYTES/second.

Sometimes, maybe even often, you'll get less than that. The speed guide tries to take into account usable speeds and then reduces them a little further to make up for a less-than-perfect line. It's not always enough.

You may still lag sometimes even with the modified settings based on your line's rated max upload.

YES I KNOW WHAT DO YOU MEAN.

But it means your usable upload speed in uTorrent probably tops out around 25-29 KiloBYTES/second.

THE HIGHEST I CAN REACH IS 20!

Anyway thanks for your time posting all that usefull information for me and i hope for other members not only for problem but to learn something more.knowledge is always usefull and aprecciable!

well i'm doing some tests and "playin" all the time with the suggested prices you have in your diagram but i have a long way yet.....

anyway thanks again and if i find the values that can make work the better (i hope i'll find time sometime in the week) i'll post it right away and maybe it would be a usefull topic for everybody and as i discuss it with some friends on the phone also other people have this problem bigger or less.

anyway...

thanks again !!!!

Archived