utorrent tweak guide

legoman762005

I saw on youtube a great video on how to tweak utorrent to make it go really fast. My computer crashed and I lost all my tweaked settings. I reinstalled utorrent and tweaked all the settings except the advanced portion (the list of values).

I was just wondering if anybody has a list of the advanced values that changes. Or a better tweaking guide.

All of the YouTube videos I've seen either sabotage your connection, sabotage people sharing your connection, or sabotage people you're downloading from with ridiculous values in uTorrent that only kinda work because you're trying to download from LOTS of peers+seeds at once while uploading to nearly no one in return.

It's really sad, but I can understand ISPs REALLY hating us if we all did that. Making 1000+ connections at once is not good for their bottom line...and you can't really download much from all of them at once anyway unless you had an extremely fast internet connection that costs $10000+ a month...to RENT!

My settings go the reverse route: Trying to get the most speed from the fewest connections possible. This is especially good to try for low-end broadband connections, where just staying connected to 100 peers+seeds at once (and doing nothing else) burns possibly >25% of your total upload and >5% of your total download.

2nd link in my signature. :)

Do note your speed settings on my chart are based on your line's MAX UPLOAD!

Your max download on a Cable or ADSL line might be 20 megabits/second...but upload might be 512 kilobits/second (1/2 megabit/second) or less!

Archived