An empty folder from a torrent I deleted keeps appearing on my desktop

mysterymission07

First, I used uTorrent's search function, and I tried to download a particular torrent that I found while uTorrent was running. However, the torrent turned out to be an Ares Ultra torrent, not a uTorrent torrent. Instead of having the torrent download properly, a folder icon with the incomplete torrent appeared on my desktop. Since it was no good I tried to delete it. At first it was hard to delete, but I eventually did it...or so I thought. The next time I logged onto my name the same empty folder that contained the incomplete torrent appeared on my desktop. I can easily delete it but every time I log onto my name that same folder appears on my desktop. Plus, I also tried to dowload another Ares Ultra torrent while uTorrent was running, but when I was asked what I would like to do before downloading it, instead of clicking open, like the first time, I clicked save and the torrent didn't dowload propertly. Now, there's this crappy torrent in this folder on my desktop that won't delete at all. Every time I try to delete it, I get an error message that says, "The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program. Close the folder and try again." What programs could possibly still be running even when I've close everything and shut down the computer. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Please help me get out of the mess that I'm in.

I'm not sure what you're talking about unless you installed some hackery of a client called Ares Ultra... torrents are not client specific.

I'd recommend downloading Process Explorer from http://sysinternals.com and using search for that folder/file name. Then see if you can stop the process using it and then delete it? Also uninstall any other torrent client which doesn't allow uTorrent to keep your file associations intact.

Archived