uTorrent problem : tracker status - offline (timed out)

enthu

I've seen this problem prevalent among many utorrent users and still it's not completely resolved or given some working solution, so I am posing my questions here.

When I add some torrents the download starts perfectly. It updates the seeds and leeches, makes connections and download starts in full swing, but after an hour or two the tracker becomes offline, the arrow turns red and it remains in that forever till I restart utorrent. I'm currently using 2 public trackers and 1 private trackers, which I know for sure that they are both online as I was able to download the same files through azureus.

My ISP is not throttling torrent traffic, I checked with that Max Planck university tool

I tried disabling Peer Guardian, changing net.max_halfopen to 4 nothing worked

I'm not using any firewall other than the default windows firewall (Win XP) and the rules are set for utorrent

If utorrent says some tracker is offline and I was able to download using the same torrent in azureus, then I think the problem is with utorrent I guess.

I've used utorrent before during 1.6 version and a while during 1.7 version, but suddenly caught up with this new problem which forces me to switch over to Azureus now. Waited patiently for the new version thinking that will fix this one tried 1.8 from yesterday, but again I'm facing the same problem.

If you people want anymore information do let me know ... I love to use utorrent because of the ease of use, but this problem forces me to move back to Azureus ... Help me.

I'm using the following softwares -

PeerGuardian 2

Avast Antivirus Home Edition

If it was an internal problem more people would report it. Have you ever tried with PG gone.. like uninstalled? It doesn't do any more than using ipfilter.dat from within uTorrent would.

If you searched you would see it IS a problem for people but it goes away when they follow the SOPs mentioned in the speed problems sticky?

Archived