IRC Channel

segosa

The website/forum is much more convenient for the developers. If there is significant demand for one, an official IRC channel for community use could be selected. Keep in mind that the channel would be registered to at least one µTorrent developer (to make it an official channel) but would be maintained and run by selected and elected members of the community.

I invite users to post here if they like the idea of a community IRC channel.

If there was to be an official channel this early on then I don't know if Undernet would be a good idea. You need to have 10 active people to 'agree' to registering the channel before it's done.

Quakenet is similar, you need to have the channel populated for a few weeks before it gets registered.

EFnet has no services at all.

rizon and freenode seem to both have Services, which would make channel management pretty easy.

Quakenet is similar, you need to have the channel populated for a few weeks before it gets registered.

You just need four or five people in the channel for ~two hours to get a L-bot which marks that you have registered the channel, so it is not week, if you don't want that special Q-bot. ;) atleast it was for a few weeks ago

You just need four or five people in the channel for ~two hours to get a L-bot which marks that you have registered the channel, so it is not week, if you don't want that special Q-bot. ;) atleast it was for a few weeks ago

Oh, it must have changed. Last I heard it was a few weeks. Quakenet is more for games though isn't it?

I've seen freenode used for more development related things, so I think this place would fit in there quite well. I don't know much about rizon, it might be similar.

Oh, it must have changed. Last I heard it was a few weeks. Quakenet is more for games though isn't it?

I've seen freenode used for more development related things, so I think this place would fit in there quite well. I don't know much about rizon, it might be similar.

It is just like 50+ users for two weeks, but yeah more for games. I'm hanging at Rizon but that is only a cheat channels, I know there is alot multiplayer-cheat channels there, but that is all I know about it. No idea about freenode thought

I only visit Efnet and Freenode, so if you want me in there, you have to pick either Efnet or Freenode.

I suppose it'll have to be freenode then? EFnet has no services, so unless you want to set up a few eggdrops in order to keep ops in the channel (big inconvenience) that won't be a good choice. :P

Broodhill: yeah, freenode sounds like a better choice.

Edit: #utorrent freenode...

[22:52:57] * Now talking in #utorrent

-

Damme_ is n=Damme@h83n5c1o285.bredband.skanova.com * Daniel Wiegert

Damme_ on #utorrent #reactos #openttd #fluffy

Damme_ using irc.freenode.net http://freenode.net/

Damme_ End of /WHOIS list.

That guy's there and he hasn't got ops.

Archived