When i create a torrent it doesnt show up in completed downloads...

jumpster44

So; I just updated to version 1.8. I have vista. When I create a new torrent, the torrent file is created and is placed in the correct folder, but nothing shows up in the completed screen like it should. When i click the torrent file in the folder with the files i want to upload, the torrent goes into the downloading section and it says it at zero percent with zero seeds....bizarre. I restarted the program, and then my computer. I tried other files..nothing seems to work. I use a private torrent community site, so I need to be able to upload files...What to do???

STOP, right click, force recheck. That will recheck the files. If it doesn't increase the % done, you pointed it at the wrong location probably. Next you should verify the path, then if it's incorrect, right click, advanced, set download location, and click on the file/folder and say OK, and repeat the procedure.

nope...so, when the torrent file is created, no new torrent is created in the window. But when i go to the file location, the " .torrent " file is present. ??????? when i click on the .torrent file, it adds it in utorrent as 0 % completed, and i the force recheck" button is unlickable (grey) . sigh.....

• 2 weeks later...
When I create a new torrent, the torrent file is created and is placed in the correct folder, but nothing shows up in the completed screen like it should.

When you create a torrent, and you want µTorrent to load the .torrent file immediately, you need to check "Start seeding" -- it's always been like that.

the torrent goes into the downloading section and it says it at zero percent with zero seeds....

What's the tracker status? Does the tracker allow µTorrent 1.8?

Archived