Seed/Peer display question

nabilalk

Hi, quick question on Seeds/Peers display. In the screenshot below, what is the significance of the numbers inside the parentheses versus the numbers outside of them? Often times when I am downloading a torrent, it shows for example for seeders 25 (200). Does the 25 mean that these are the seeders that I am connected to, and the 200 is the total number of seeders? Lifewise for the peers, whats the significance of numbers outside versus inside ()?

2785745642_4aa5a92bef_o.jpg

Thanks!

-nka

So I guess that in the screen above, since I am seeding all of those torrents, I am connected to 0 seeders, and the number in () indicates how many other users are seeding? Likewise for the Peers, the numbers on the outside represent the # of peers connected to me and the #in () indicates the total number of people downloading that particular torrent?

cool that clears it up for me, thanks.

Strangely enough it appears that my port is not forwarded properly, although I have the green circle indicating that everything is copacetic. I'm using tomato firware on a Linksys WRT54G and have forwarded port 55555 on both TCP & UDP. What else do I need to do to forward it?

Could it have failed the test b/c my brother is using his Xbox 360 and crippling the network in the process?

I have not set a static ip outside of the routers DHCP range. How do I do that?

In addition PG2 is running and I when I tried to add 72.20.34.145 to the allow list, it asked me to place a http:// in front of the 72.20.34.145. I have done that, is that the proper way to add utorrent to Peer Guardian's exclusion list?

Update: After I shut down PG2 the test passed. How can I properly set up pg2 so that 72.20.34.145 is excluded from being blocked? Obviously the way I did it above is incorrect.

Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DHCP

Lets your router assign an IP for your computer dynamically. The static IP needs to be outside the range because Linksys routers often simply refuse to forward poprts to an IP that is potentially owned by different computers at different times (it's dynamic, so different computers can take an IP that another computer was once using).

Archived