Port not forwarded yet...

Seth78

I get the green status in uTorrent.

Can i say that everything's fine?

Check screenshot pls. Thanks.

Am using Win XP SP2, without some of the sercurity updates which involves DNS and stuff, you guys will know. For router, i'm using Dlink 655 with all settings done. Before 1.8, everything was ok and port is forwarded and stuff.

screenyu4.th.jpg

Your settings are all wrong for your connection -- it's not uploading NEARLY as fast as you told it.

It also cannot handle 1/10th as many max connections as you told it...maybe not even 1/100th!

Turn off DHT (both kinds).

Disable Local Peer Discovery. (next to DHT)

Disable Resolve IPs under the Peers Window. (That's expensive window-dressing considering it doesn't help download+upload speeds any.)

Reduce half open connection max to maybe 1-4. (You're not firewalled in µTorrent, right? ...so it shouldn't hurt as much as you might think!)

Disable resolve country flags in advanced.

If you've manually port forwarded your router, or don't have a router, Disable UPnP in µTorrent.

2nd link in my signature gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

NOTE: Max sustainable UPLOAD speed is far less than max download speed for most connections.

You may want to use lower settings than your connection can handle IF it is shared with others or due to monthly bandwidth quotas.

Archived