2 problems

asdqweqwxqadws

This is going to be quite a long post. So please bear with me and try to help me out on my problems. Thanks alot in advance. Okay, When I was using 1.7.7, everything was alright and smooth. But when i upgraded to 1.8,

1st problem - after I had upgraded, some torrents I deleted off because it was quite old already. But after the deletion, with the restarting of utorrent, the same old torrents keep appearing on to my client! Even when I added in newer torrents. after I had restarted my computer or the client itself, the newer torrents never showed up!

For example,

{This was my original setup}

[uploading] Torrent 1

[uploading] Torrent 2

[uploading] Torrent 3

[uploading] Torrent 4

when i wanted delete, lets say, torrent 1. and after that restarted the client, it shows,

[RED X] Torrent 1 <-----this shouldn't show up at all!

[uploading] Torrent 2

[uploading] Torrent 3

[uploading] Torrent 4

When i deleted torrent 1 and put in a new torrent, normally it would show

[uploading] Torrent 2

[uploading] Torrent 3

[uploading] Torrent 4

[Downloading] Torrent 5

Right? but after i restarted my client,

[RED X] Torrent 1

[uploading] Torrent 2

[uploading] Torrent 3

[uploading] Torrent 4

This same old thing shows up!

And now for problem 2,

Okay, so I figured out that maybe I would just uninstall my client and re-install back. but after a few tries, I found out that now cannot permanently install utorrent inside my pc! When i downloaded the setup for utorrent and ran it, it did come up with the, install to location, create desktop shortcuts etc. but after it was all set and done, my system doesn't have utorrent installed. all it shows up is the client.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks alot!

... Are you on Vista? Did you change your settings directory outside %APPDATA% ? Those certainly sound like permissions problems on resume.dat, i.e. you change it, but it reverts because you can't SAVE the file. Do you see (if you right click in the Logger tab, and tick "error messages") "unable to save resume.dat"

K then, you'd need to double check the permissions on those files and the folder. You should see it under Users\USERNAME\Application Data\ .. It may be under roaming or another profile name :( I'm not sure whether or not files under your app folder are accessible when running as Administrator or with elevated privileges.

Running as Administrator or with elevated privileges (accessible from the right-click menu I believe) should fix your install problem... not positive though.

Archived