viper_88 Posted August 30, 2008 Report Share Posted August 30, 2008 Welcome I'm a completely new user at this forum (although I had read some topics as a guest). I've recently encountered a problem that in no way can I solve.Let's start with the most important information:My OS: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3.Internet Connection: Tele2 1Mb/s, router Thomson SpeedTouch 536 v6.Firewall: Only the Windows XP one.Anti-Virus: Avast! 4 Home Edition.Anti-Spyware, malware and so on: SpyBot Search&Destroy, Ad-Aware 2008 7.10.10 ProuTorrent's settings are as follows:1. In the Connections tab: Everything except for adding uTorrent to the firewall's exceptions is unchecked2. The Global Upload Limit in the Connection Settings is set to 92 and the download limit is set to 0 (these settings have been adjusted automatically after performing the connection speed test and setting the connection speed to 1Mb/s).So:When using uTorrent 1.7.7, I made a port forwarding to my router according to the guidelines at this website http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/SpeedTouch536v6/Utorrent.htm (the port I set was 55827) and assigned a static IP to my computer (there are two computers in my home network, the second one has its IP assigned by DHCP).After forwarding the ports for this version of uTorrent, everything was just fine, the port was open and at the bottom there was the green icon.Unfortunately, straight after the upgrade to the 1.8 version, there was the red icon with the exclamation mark in it and the port test indicated that the port I mentioned earlier was closed (it's worthy to add that all the settings, the uTorrent's and the router's ones were still the same). Not knowing what to do, I asked a question at the Yahoo! Answer's Community (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvSgrFpjTMlf5JxlXkmQaVvsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080815072551AANvmXM), but unfortunately I didn't get any specific answer there. Upon this version, I also installed the tunneling support "IPv6/Terendo".In the further run, I tested various ports in the uTorrent, as well as in the router itself (along with the highest one available: 65534). None of these deeds, however, did work out with the desired result. At some other forums (which also include this one) I have read people having similar issues after upgrading to the newest version. When I had read about the build for the 1.8 version, I thaught that perhaps after installing it my problems would be solved. Towards my surprise, the final efect was none.Later, I decided to reverse to the 55827 and add it to the Windows' firewall (TCP and UPD, as well). I also got back to the stable 1.8 version, but as it's not hard to guess, the final result is still nothing. I'm completely pumped out of ideas and don't know what to do P.S. The last thing I would like to add, is that after the full uninstallation of the build version, cleaning the registries thanks to the CCleaner app and installing the stable version again, the option to install the "IPv6/Terendo" tunneling support is once again available Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.