"Not Connectable"

SilverCloud

Please lend me some assistance with this problem.

I have been using utorrent for a while now and it worked great but recently my pc crashed and I had to get a new hard drive and re-install everything. But now when I start utorrent I never get the green icon at the bottom. Instead I get a red icon saying "Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you".

Now I have no firewall and utorrent is clicked under exceptions in window firewall. I dont have protowall or peerguardian2 and each port I use it keeps saying port is not open. I try to open the selected port following the instructions given by microsoft but that still does not help. I am getting a download speed but 95% lower that what I used to get before my pc crashed (and even that speed keeps fluctuating) making it impossible to download at such a slowwww speed. I dont have a serial or type for my router since its just a small 1 inch cube connecting the cable wires with no markings on it whatsoever (and I dont even know if that is a router).

Please please please help a technically challenged female in solving this problem. I tried about everything, contacted my IPS but nothing seems to work. :(

Some ISPs don't give unfirewalled connections to their customers...because they lack spare IPv4 ip addresses, multiple customers are on the same ip address at the same time.

Your modem itself may contain a mini-router or firewall that needs to be configured or disabled.

1st and 2nd links in my signature should help.

Archived