Cannot change icons !

spinkfloyd

Hope this is posted in the correct forum?

Downloaded uTorrent 1.8(build 11813) last month and the program is running sweet, apart from the fact I cannot change the main or tray icons. Opened the folder for application data\uTorrent and could not find any icon files listed. Have copied new icons to this folder but I am still getting the original icons in task bar and top left corner when uTorrent is opened . What am I doing wrong? can any one point me in the right direction to change these icons? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply [Apparently, if the .ico file has the Vista PNG in it, it will fail to load on pre-Vista.]

Can you explain in more detail about this?

What .ico file are you referring to and how can I check if the file has Vista PNG in it? Is it to do with my system being windows xp professional and I am using uTorrent 1.8(build 11813) so any icon that I download cannot be used with this version and is there any way round this?

Thanks for helping this uTorrent newbie.

Cheers for your input Firon. Have now got new icon in top left corner of uTorrent window and on the task bar button. Still cant seem to change the icon that sits in bottom right of task bar after opening uTorrent though, but hey wth 1 out of 2 will do for now. Thanks for your time and info.

:cool:

Thanks for the input on this matter Ultima.

Now have nice looking icons when uTorrent is open, ye ha! I just did the following, cut & paste the icons that are to be used into C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\uTorrent. Rename them as main and tray only, did not put the .ico in at all. For some reason when the .ico was used in renaming it was not using that icon, just deleting .ico has sorted it out, many thanks. Hope this post can help anyone else having the same problem.

:cool:

• 9 months later...

Well I tried my hand on changing the skin of the client(using verison 1.8.2) but facing problem in changing the tabs.

Yes,I did by the procedure of %appdata%utorrent folder and everything is changed except the tab.bmp.I will be highly obliged if anyone can help on this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Im having the same problem.. im using xp.. But i couldnt get it to work even with all the details i found here...

Im not sure if im "cutting and pasting" it wrong... I download a Program Icon from the skins page (which every time has come as a blimp file named "main") then i cut it and paste it in the uTorrent folder in the Application data folder... its not working... I read I should check to see if the icon its a vista version, but im not sure how to do that, even though ive downloaded that IcoFx program...

can anyone help!! =*(

Archived