Auto Adding Torrents, Problem with large torrents

paulg1981

Hello All,

I am having a recurring problem with using the auto add directory in utorrent 1.8.1 beta. I have my setup automated to pull torrents from irc and upload them via ftp to the seedbox running utorrent. It works perfectly and quickly unless the torrent is large, 500K+. If the torrent is large the file is uploaded fine but I get an error message that it is an invalid .torrent file in the logger window of utorrent. The weird thing is that I can manually add the same file that was uploaded and deemed invalid? Any help would be appreciated as it is really frustrating!

Honestly I didn't wait to see. I saw it upload and vnced to the box and saw the error message and manually added it. I also removed the failed .torrent file in the add dir.

So you are saying that it should try again after it fails to load it the first time? Do you know the timeframe for which it should try? Like fail, wait x secs, try again?

Not sure what you mean by 'only utilizing autoload'? Please explain?!

The checking timeframe for autoload (at least on all XP/Vista machines I've used) is 6 seconds...

I however do know that some OSes or samba based shares don't necessarily advertise changes. If you're sending it with FTP to the auto-load folder locally on that computer ... you may need to enable more of the logging settings to see if the thing loaded.

So ... wait, for the failed torrent, it was or was not the full size it expected? Can you run http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 on that machine the next time this happens... it's a small EXE and allows you to check the bencoding of files. Is it possible your FTP connection is unreliable? Have you thought of adding torrents via WebUI?

By "are you only utilizing auto-load" I meant you only have that enabled as opposed to WebUI to remotely access/add/check torrent status.

Gotcha, I am running centos and wine but I am fairly sure it doesn't attempt to reload the torrent at all. I had a torrent sit in the add folder for several hours a previous time. The .torrent files are never actually invalid and all load fine manually. I cannot use webui as the script is made to bypass webui and load directly to the server, although I can successfully add torrents from webui.

I am running utorrent in a windows 2000 bottle, do you think it would make a difference with xp bottle?

I could not tell you :/ Never used CentOS with wine, and only assume by "bottle" you're talking about a virtualized instance ;)

In this case, I'd poke it as a wine bug or at the very least inconsistency... whatever function uT polls on Windows isn't being interpreted in wine, and this leading to the dead-end and abort result. What this means... well use WebUI for instant adding, or set a cron to run every minute or something to move from your CURRENT FTP destination to the new auto-load folder. (Presumably the move job would fail if your FTP client is still writing to it....)

Archived