Doesn't start seeding

Flippie

Hey

I have got a server within a local network which runs as a tracker and a seeder. And of course the program which i use for the seeding is uTorrent 1.8. But now i have the following problem:

The server has the file 100% and has as status seeding in uTorrent. The tracker also shows that the server is available as seeder and as soon as i download and import the torrent file on my computer it shows that it is connected succesfully to the tracker and that is has 1 seeds (in the Trackers tab). But it simply doesn't connect with the server and starts downloading by itself. I have to restart uTorrent on the server. After that he connects immediately and i start downloading from the server with my pc.

And of course this is not what you want to do every time on a server. So my question: How can i solve this problem so my server will always start seeding immediately?

If you go to the logger tab and enable verbose logging of incoming and outgoing connections as well as disconnect messages and misc error messages you should see what's going on.

I do know the embedded tracker is a bit... flaky? It will return/get peers but asking it to be both server and client means it may take several announces to alert all peers. Are the LAN peers forwarded/allowing incoming connections both ways?

Archived