utorrent closed...but still uploading

buttsludge

Hello...sorry if this was already addressed but i couldn't find it anywhere on the forum...

I stop the torrents and close utorrent...but it appears people are still connecting...PeerGuardian is showing people still trying to connect...when i open utorrent the "total" indicator next to the "U" at the bottom right is showing a large amount of upload activity...this goes away when i disable DHT...but i still get the connection attempts...rebooting the PC didn't help...I've never had this type of issue occur prior with other torrent clients...and being new to utorrent isn't making my troubleshooting efforts any easier.

I appreciate any help offered.

DHT is a good thing to have on, there's no reason to turn it off. Also, use the latest beta.

The same thing will happen with any other DHT-enabled client (Azureus, BitComet/Spirit, and even Mainline). Other people will still try to connect to you even after you disconnect from the DHT network, it's inevitable.

Thank you for the quick response...

I am using 1.3 (build 364)

Does this activity eventually die?...because it appears to be effecting my bandwidth a bit...(every little counts when it comes to gaming)

also at the risk of sounding even more ignorant...why am i getting 130k totals at the bottom right...when its showing zero for my U/D?

Like I said, use the betas, DHT will use less bandwidth there. And if you turn it off / close the client, those incoming connections won't affect your bandwidth at ALL. Trust me.

The values in the parentheses show the total data transferred during the session.

Archived