Periodically save resume.dat

marianoapp

There is any way to configure uTorrent so the resume.dat file is saved to disk every x time? I'm asking because since i move uTorrent to my new seedbox now is running for weeks without being powered off, and therefore the resume.dat file its saved very sporadically.

So far this is not a problem, but most an annoyance since every time i have a power failure [which is very often] i end up with a resume.dat one week old and lost all the upload amounts and torrent ratios. I like to seed back the same amount I downloaded and this is making it harder

Any help is welcome

resume.dat is written to disk every few minutes (can't remember the exact interval). If it's not doing so, something else must be interfering...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

its running as a service on a very limited account... i now it have write rights in the folder where resume.dat is but something about running as a service must be interfering, since the folder monitoring for new torrents doesn't work neither.

I think I'll ditch all this service thing since is causing more problems than solving them

thanks anyway

Archived