Port not open/can't get green light. Please help!

bathfan

I did have a problem with no green icon and port not open but i have since solved that. The problem now is that before i resolved this i was getting total download speeds of 100kbs and now i have around 70kbs, surely this isn't right. On one of the files it has 130 seeds and 50 peers, should i not be getting higher download rates?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you have UPnP you theoretically don't need the manual forwarding.. that's the whole point. Have you checked if your modem is a router as well? A simple® test is is it on http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Are you running any other security software which may be interfering with uTorrent connecting to peers? Are you sure the forwarding rule for your IP from start > run > cmd /k ipconfig is outside the DHCP range of your router? Many routers will not forward within DHCP range.

I tried the first link in that link and got download speeds of between 400kbs and 500kbs, which is awesome!.

But when downloading my torrents i only get 0-30kbs, but they have a lot more seeds and peers.

Does this mean that the quality of the seeds aren't that good?

Also before i opened the port the total download speed was around 100kbs, now with the ports open and the same torrents i get at most 50kbs total.

Hmm, with an opened port I guess it's possible that your speeds suffer since you get the unlucky slow uploaders, as a firewalled (no opened port) peer you rely on OTHERS who are opened, to connect... thusly it's likely they're faster uploaders.

As to the LARGE difference in speeds, yes... the test torrents (OOo and slackware) are hosted on multiple very fast lines. You can try changing your Ctrl-G speed guide settings... what's your sustained upload?

Archived