Global Max Connection help, I think.......

dacsdd

Ok I admit I am still learning all the finer details of torrenting. I don't have a speed issue, but I do have a large bandwith that i am trying to maximize. My connection is approx 10M/1.5M. I want to download as many torrents at a time as i can, but i might have my # of connections set too high. I think this due to the fact that my IM programs have lately been signing in and out about every 2-6 min since i raised the connections. What is a good amount to get the most done with what i have without the cost of periodic "disconnecting" of other programs?

Maximizing your download without taking account of your upload is rude. Use the Ctrl-G setting for xx/1Mbit and then manually bump the upload 40% ...

Generally speaking UPLOAD_SPEED / (ACTIVE_TORRENTS * UPLOAD_SLOTS) >= 3 is bare minimum. And as you rarely need more than 5x upload slots for connected peers to keep parity... the more torrents you run, the fewer slots you give each and the less you get n return. It's a cycle.

Also you could try the alternate numbers for Ctrl-G listed @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259

Archived