RSS filter problem

richms

I have in the filter

Filter: show's name

not: 720p

yet I came home to find it had downloaded a 1 gig 720p version that I cannot play, not the 350meg one that it should have

Is putting 720p in not enough to make it skip them or is there something else to do

OK, so like I said... and from the updated http://utorrent.com/rsstutorial.php you should try changing Filter: to House* in that instance. This presumes you have that at the beginning of the RSS FEED title. Are you sure you want it to match 1x a week, from any feed? For NOT: you should have *720p* which would automatically exclude anything with "720p" in the title. Please note the * pre- and post- fixed. This is why the 1280x720 version was downloaded. I believe you could also rely on the Quality filter, by selecting with Ctrl- click the types you want. This however requires the feed/titles to parse the information. You can verify this by going to a feed or All Feeds in the Category pane right clicking on the column headers in the main torrent listview and ticking the columns appended for such perusal. Note the difference between available columns in RSS mode and in normal torrent mode. These extra columns have been ported from the old Ctrl-R dialog with matches, does it seem easier placing all the information in the listview now? ;) Don't worry it will once you get used to it.

Also, note that you can press "?" to find the last 4 matched items from the current filter. Note you may not like what you see if you have (All) Feed: for episodic content .. There's alot of different things which get posted every week when you use a general indexer on popular content. Be sure you are using a good source for your feed. :) I hope I have helped explain things a bit better for you, both why it didn't work before and why it should work now. Are there other questions?

Is it normal that uTorrent puts back the torrent after its finished and it was removed?

I have a filter like this:

Filter: *house*

Not: *264*

and every other thing is blank.

After downloaded the newest house i usually remove the torrent after a time, but utorrent keeps add the same torrent to the download list.

I seems that rss download does not remember the downloaded torrents.

Of course after check it sais the torrent is at 100%.

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar problem, and it actually came up while downloading House too. My settings:

Filter: house

Not: *264*

With everything else at its default value (I never mess with any other settings).

That downloads the 350mb version just fine, but it also downloads the X264 version too.

I've never tried the quality settings because I wasn't sure how they'd act. For example, this week's Chuck was called "Chuck.S02E09.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi". I'm not even sure which category that would fit into-- for example, the bigger versions will often say "HDTV.x264" or some such in the title too.

Archived