"Add Windows Firewall exception" problem, maybe

Nino-kun

Hello, I have a little problem.

I'm using Vista X64 SP1+all hotfixes and uTorrent 1.8.1 (build 12639). I'm use a User account.

Every check boxes in Preferences->Connection are unchecked, proxy type set to none. In Windows Firewall properties I set rules for incoming port manualy, for TCP and UDP protocols. But, every time I start uTorrent I get "Windows Security alert" window asking me Unblock or Keep blocking uTorrent. This is a bit annoying.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Can you try running it once as Admnistrator so the rule ACTUALLY get added to the firewall? It should only be needed to run once.

I'm already have rule for uTorrent made by myself, and I don't want any more :). The problem is I should not see this "Block/Unblock" window because uTorrent should not try to add itself to exception list because this feature is turned off. At least i understand it in that way.

You get that popup if you tell µTorrent not to automatically create a rule. If Windows is complaining, then that simply means you haven't set the firewall up properly.

FYI, µTorrent doesn't only make connections on the listening port. There's also the ephemeral ports you need to worry about, and perhaps 6771 for LPD.

Archived