NTL port forwarding

barry6521

Hi, I have an NTL 250 modem and am running uTorrent 1.4. When I try and run a port test it comes up with the following message:

"Warning! Port 32459 can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections."

From what I have been told/seen on forums so far I have turned off all firewalls, and created a static IP address. I have also set all permissions for uTorrent port 32459 to allow access and am still finding I am not getting the connections I should be.

Does anyone know how to configure NTL to forward these ports, or how to get around this "proxy" error?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Barry.

The proxy on NTL is just for outgoing port 80 (HTTP) connections. And you shouldn't need to do any special configuration to get µtorrent to work with ntl (Just like pretty much any other ISP).

If you are using a router than you setup port fowarding on it, and have any firewall on your PC allow that port in and that should be all you need to do. ^_^

Well for some reason my connection isn't going through a proxy and I'm on NTL. Though the port tests don't work because my router has the ports stealthed or something. :-/

You could try running a torrent download, wait a few minutes and if at the bottom you see "Network OK" then it's working ok and you can get incoming connections. ^_^

Hi Again yes i get network ok getting about 100KB/s is that about average only be fore i switched from bitcomet i could get up as high1200KB/s mind you that was d/l from torentleech for some reason i dont get the same speetd from T/L using uTorrent may be i hav'nt got it config yet,but any way thanks for your help,

Barry

Hi - I've got exactly the same setup as Barry (based in Leeds).

I've just re-installed my NTL - 250 on a new machine and torrent speeds are down from 100/k to about 10/k. Necessary ports are shown as shut, even when software firewall (Zonealarm) is completely closed down.

A good review of the literature suggests that NTLs use of transparent proxies is to blame (though still uncertain as to why this wasn't a problem on my old machine).

I've used the IP/Hostname to report to tracker option and entered my IP (real, not proxy). This hasn't really affected anything.

Any help would be sorely appreciated!

Thanks - TK

Archived