trackers going offline

TheBenjamin

hello i have uTorrent 1.8.1.. i used to have 1.7.7 but i had a problem that the trackers went offline after few hours with the error "hostname not found" and i also can't surf.

it all started when i upgraded my connection and changed my ISP (one that for sure doesn't hostile for torrents) and from 1500/150 (download/upload) i have now 5000/500. means that i should download about 620KBS and upload about 60KBS...

it wasn't like that in the begining so i figured out that i need to rise my half open connection to more than 8. so i used the patch for windows and out it on 100 and in utorrent i set it up for 20.

i don't know if that's the problem... i also using 250 connections overall and 90 max per torrent.

can some one help me to configure it at the optimal settings so i can seed and leech at max speed that i soppused to and to be able to do that 24/7 for days and not like now that i have this problem about 16-20 hours after starting.. tnx

I've heard most Israeli ISPs are hostile to BitTorrent traffic.

2nd link in my signature has alternate settings for uTorrent based on your upload bandwidth. In your case, probably 512 kilobit/second upload settings is the closest.

Disable in uTorrent: DHT, LPD, Resolve IPs

If you manually port forward, disable UPnP and NAT-PMP

Set outgoing encryption to Enable or FORCED (probably forced considering ComCast)

incoming...you'll have to test legacy allowed or not

legacy = not encrypted

There's also this:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=361747#p361747

...but doing that in uTorrent really cripples results if it's not necessary.

i did what you said hopfully that it will work but with this number of active torrent i seed about 30-35KB/s not 60 and not even reach the limit...

so it's not using the whole bandwith... before i changed that it was seeding steady 47KB/s with limit and 55-60 without limit... now it's jumping and bearly meet the limit

Archived