Identifying networkdrives (to avoid crashes due to lantrouble)

HIyaalll

I've got a drive-server that I keep separated from the internet. I use another computer as a "firewall" when it comes to torrenting and saving on that drive. unfortunately once in a while the switch that connects my computer to my drive crashes completely. at that time micro-torrent starts "retrying" several times, and after stopping that torrent due to error it will move on to the next.. which also would try to save itself onto the same drive.. Windows bombards me with "cannot connect to drive" to such an extent that the computer crashes and all needs to be rebooted.

So my suggestion would be to check out what drives is on a computer, and that if all torrents that are stored on a specific drive halts at the same time it will do just a few retries (perhaps 10-15 totally, spread on all the torrents on the same drive), and than stop trying on the non-responsive drive and post a message like "drive not responding" with some buttons like "Try again now" or "cancel".. perhaps while nobody answers it it will do a retry automatically each five minutes... leave the number of retries before going in to this mode, time between automatic retry, etc etc could be changed in the advanced settings..

would really apreciate it.

Ps: I hope I succeeded to think of the shortest headline that still was reasonably descriptive of the problem I'm having.

I agree, identifying/flagging certain drive letters as "removable" I believe is possible in Windows, I mean how does it tell something is a floppy/etc...

In any case, I'd hope this issue is referenced with THIS thread as opposed to any new one, since I think you did a succinct job in both explanation and possible resolution/implementation.

Archived