utorrent bandwidth problems

MyPCexPloded

ok so everytime utorrent runs websites get timed out due to lack of bandwidth [ i assume] , also port forwarding doesn't seem to want to work at all. pinging the isp and running speed tests show that the connection is fine, but if utorrent is running the d/l speed drops to about 4kB/s and sometimes will spike upto 800kB/s, but will never sit a decent speed. tried downloading from a private tracker with lots of seeds, but this didn't fix the problem.

tl;dr utorrent doesn't work, port forwarding doesn't work, no firewalls or anything restricting the connection, tried static and dynamic ip, didnt help.

Thanks for the reply, Ive followed the setup guide and set everything to the correct ratios e.g. speed showed my connection as around 5330kb/s and upload 676kb/s so download is set to 500kB/s and upload 55kB/s. This has slightly improved speeds with downloads ranging from 4kB/s to 50kB/s and little more consistent on torrents with around 10-20 seeds online out of 20000+. However still has not resolved timing out problems on web browsers. And considering my internet speed, downloads should be around 100kB and higher on a good torrent. Any thoughts?

Also sometimes when web browser times out, utorrent downloads also time out stopping downloads and access to web pages.

2nd link in my signature for other uTorrent settings.

Many wireless, USB, and Belkin networking devices can't handle more than 100 connections at once.

net.max_halfopen set to 1-4?

Did you try also disabling: DHT, LPD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window of an active torrent)?

If DHT is disabled you won't need to forward UDP on your router to your computer.

Your modem may also have a mini-router and/or firewall in it that needs to be configured or disabled.

www.portforward.com ROUTERS section...modems are on it too!

Thanks for your help, I discovered the main problem was actually my router! After 5months its now broken and was the problem to the fluctuations in internet speed and disconnections. Ive now removed it and internet is stable just matter of increasing speeds from a stable 10kB/s-20kB/s now which should be alot easier.

Thanks

Archived