Port not forwarding properly

brightmal

I've set up port forwarding on my TP-Link TD-W8920G, as per port forward.com, but it doesn't seem to be working.

When I start uTorrent without running an actual torrent, it informs me that the port forwarding is set up fine, but when I start downloading the indicator turns to yellow, then red.

I'm wondering if the default gateway on the router is the problem, cause here it is:

Device Info

Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 080429 Rel.55004n

Hardware Version: TD-W8920G v1 00002200

This information reflects the current status of your DSL connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 64

Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1536

LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1

Default Gateway: 203.22.23.107

Primary DNS Server: 203.22.23.5

Secondary DNS Server: 203.22.23.34

My PC has been set as 192.168.1.100

And when I check portforwarding I get:

Checking port 48022 on 203.31.103.40....

So my actual IP address does not match the default gateway, as set on the router.

I can browse the net, and download via ftp or http at up to 50KBps, but uTorrent seems limited to between 2 and 10 KBps, and I can't do anything else on line while its running.

Update:I just turned uTorrent on, it came up with the usual yellow indicator, then the network indicator went green for about 5 minutes, then back to yellow, all without me doing anything.

Oops. I thought the connection type related to download, not upload. I've changed it back to 64.

Incidentaly, my network status is currently showing a green tick. No, wait, I spoke too soon, its back to yellow again.

FWIW, my upload speeds are consistently between 5-10KB/s, while the downloads are between 0-5KB/s.

Archived