Move .torrents for finished jobs

NoNeck

I have a folder for unfinished .torrents and a folder for finished ones. I've selected "Move .torrents for finished jobs..." and specified the folder, but what it really does is make a copy of the .torrent to the specified folder and leave the original in it's folder. Moving means you delete the original, right? So what's wrong here?

XP and uT version 1.8.1

No it doesn't. You added your files multiple times. When duplicate files are added, there is a number appended to the file, the file you want is moved... irregardless of previously existing files. You can check if you want... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 , all keys directly below [ROOT] are torrent locations.

No, there are no multiple .torrents, I'm very strict about this. I have finished dozens of torrents since I activated this Move-option, but it always leaves the original .torrent in its place and I have to delete it manually.

Your link was not useful, there was a discussion of an editor or something....

I'm wondering if I should use this option too:

"Store .torrents in " whether this would make things right?

"By default, µTorrent will save these files to the settings directory. " , says the manual.

Makes no sense to me if .torrent files are located in settings directory. Don't even know where this settings directory is located, if I open Program files > uTorrent , there's only one file....

I don't wish to use that "Automatically load .torrents" even though it seems to delete that original .torrent as I expected this Move-option to do also.

Unless the files are read-only (a problem fixed in 1.8.1) the files created when the torrent is added to the list, is (re)moved. The editor SHOWS YOU which torrents are loaded, full path and all. That is the usefulness of the link.

Unless you COMPLETELY finish the torrent... i.e. non-selective downloading, I wouldn't expect the move operation to happen. Could this be the case?

I think I got it now. I "took the effort" and selected "Store .torrents in..." and selected the directory where I've actually placed the unfinished .torrents. Now uT deletes all the finished .torrents and makes a copy to the dedicated directory for finished .torrent files.

Based on this, I bet this option sets the working directory for uT and only after that it knows the right directory to search for the file to be deleted.

• 1 month later...

Archived