Addition of New Field to the 'Information' Bar Resizes Some Others

ApoorvKhatreja

Macbook 4,1

OS X Leopard 10.5.5

Running build 13481

If you add anything such as download speed, tracker info or for that any new field to the so called 'information' bar, the other fields are randomly resized back to default or random sizes. For example I shortened the default length of the 'Name' field, but when I added another field, it was resized back to default length.

In short, I really don't know what the bug is, but the length of the fields mechanism does seem screwed up.

Thanks, the bug has been noted. It's not obvious, however, what should ideally happen. If we don't change the sizes of columns, adding new column will always make the list require scrolling even if it could potentially fit into currently visible area.

Is the functionality for default sizing available similar to the Windows version, where columns have pre-set sizing? Before I set them up as I liked, I was having to resize small columns because they have become large to "fill" the remaining horizontal space.

Does there have to be a minimum column width for the listviews? (Noticing the resize pointer change from a two-headed to single-headed) Some are... annoyingly large.

Archived